Labels

Saturday, February 19, 2011

American Girl



This video was particularly troublesome to make. First, the game produced a pair of twin boys instead of a girl. Then when it came time to age up the boyfriend into a young adult, a glitch prevented them from aging up. We ultimately wound up making a duplicate of them in Create-A-Sim that was a young adult. Then when we were trying to age up the third generation daughter for the final photo, she was trapped in her child body but with teenage features. I've included some pics below.




Not only was she dressed in teenage specific clothing and hair, she was still the height of a child.



She could do everything a child could! So I decided to test it and send here down the slide!







So I thought to myself, since switching her into her everyday wear caused this change, maybe she'll go back to normal if I put her in her formal wear. Nope!



I sent her to go play with a toy from the toy box. That obviously didn't mesh too well! At this point it kind of felt like she was a young child who put on her mother's clothing and makeup and made herself look ridiculous!



Then I put her athletic wear on and that just looked strange!



Then against better judgment I put her in her sleepwear!



I put her into her swim wear and had her bake with the ez bake oven for kids!



Then it was time for school, running was quite interesting to watch, the picture doesn't do it justice. There were body parts flying around the school yard! (They let her out with the teenagers)



After school I put her on the swing set:



I decided to try and age up her twin sister, to see if she would have any problems. Nope she aged up perfectly normally, but my glitched sim had some unique issues with the celebration.



I have no idea how this happened. I noticed problems in my game earlier in the day. I had a teenage sim, who refused to age up. I was using testingcheatsenabled true to forcibly age up sims as I needed for the story I was creating. It worked for everyone else, but the one teenager I made in CAS refused to even conciser aging up! I got so frustrated I just made an adult look-a-like copy of him. As I was nearing completion of the project I was working on my sim morphed into this! I have no idea what happened, I don't use CC or Mods or anything like that!

This actually caused some type of cascade sim failure and my entire game became corrupted. I had no choice but to uninstall and reinstall everything. This was the first time I've ever had to do that with my game. But it worked out. My game if funtioning again (I think) and I finished my story. As frustrating as it was when it was happening, I'm glad I kept my cool and took these hysterical pictures to share with all of you! Enjoy! :mrgreen:


I thought this picture was a fitting end to her saga!


No comments:

Post a Comment